One thing I love more than a cheesy dip is a dip that can be made effortlessly in my slow cooker!
This Crockpot Cheesy Rotel Dip is named after the hero ingredient, Rotel tomatoes. They provide a little hint of heat from the green chilies included but not so much that I’d consider this too spicy for those who enjoy milder flavors.
The browned ground beef adds a hearty dimension to the dip with the melted cheese puling all ingredients together that can be served immediately upon cooking or serve your dip in the Crockpot on a warm setting to keep the dip a melted cheesy consistency for longer enjoyment!
Crockpot Cheesy Rotel Dip
- In a skillet over a medium-high heat brown ground beef.
- Cut cheese into 1 inch cubes. Add ground beef and cheese to crockpot. Sprinkle on taco seasoning. Pour Rotel tomatoes over it and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until cheese is hot and melted.
- Turn down the crockpot to warm and serve.
CAN I MAKE CROCKPOT CHEESY ROTEL DIP WITH GROUND TURKEY?
- For sure, you can! Look, I get it…with the holidays upon us there’s bound to be some ground turkey lying around. If you do have any leftover ground turkey or perhaps enjoy ground turkey over ground beef, by all means, go for this alternative. Your dip will end up tasting just as delicious!
MY DIP TURNED OUT TOO THICK FOR MY LIKING! WHAT CAN I DO TO THIN IT OUT?
- As with any dip, you want it thick enough to be able to scoop it out with crackers or veggies but perhaps yours is a little on the thicker side of things or you generally prefer a runnier dip.
- If you find yourself in this situation then don’t fret – it’s easily rectifiable. Just add 2 tablespoons of warm milk or water at a time to your dip, mixing it in until you feel you have the right consistency.
WHAT CAN I SERVE ROTEL DIP WITH?
- Serve your delicious cheesy Rotel dip with the following for maximum enjoyment:
- Tortilla chips
- Thick potato chips
- Bagel crisps
- Your favorite crackers
- Chicken strips
- Cucumber or celery slices
- Raw broccoli florets
- Honestly, the list goes on and on but these should definitely give you some great ideas to begin with!
IS IT NORMAL FOR MY DIP TO HARDEN?
- Yes, if left to cool down. Since this dip is made with Velveeta cheese, it’s naturally going to harden as it cools down which is why it’s important to serve and enjoy it while it’s still warm.
- To keep it warm for longer, ditch the idea of decanting this in a separate bowl from your Crockpot but rather leave it in your crockpot on a low heat/warm setting so that it keeps warm the entire time it is enjoyed!
TIPS FOR MAKING CROCKPOT ROTEL DIP RECIPE
- If you don’t have access to Rotel canned tomatoes, your best bet would be to go for canned diced tomatoes without draining the tomatoes from their juice which will then give you the same consistency as Rotel canned tomatoes.
- Since Rotel tomatoes pack some heat, should you use a substitute, it may be worth adding some extra spice for heat or some chopped green chilies.
More Dips To Add To Your Appetizer Table
This Crockpot Cheesy Rotel Dip is named after the hero ingredient, Rotel tomatoes. This beefy, cheesy dip is the hit at any gathering.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes, Original, undrained
- 1 16 oz package Velveeta cheese, Cubed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
In a skillet over a medium-high heat brown ground beef
Cut cheese into 1 inch cubes. Add ground beef and cheese to crockpot. Sprinkle on taco seasoning. Pour Rotel tomatoes over it and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until cheese is hot and melted
Turn down the crockpot to warm and serve