Dips are my all time favorite food. I have often joked with my family about opening a dip restaurant….. that ONLY serves dips and a variety of dippers. (If you make millions off this idea, please come back and drop me some cash! lol)
But seriously, this Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip is perfect for those “Netflix and Chill” nights, footballs season, party season, or a family potluck. The creamy and slightly spicy appetizer is always a fan favorite. It is such an easy dish to make in either the slow cooker or oven. See extra directions below for oven directions.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS OVEN OR CROCKPOT CHILI CHEESE DIP
- Crockpot – This slow cooker is the perfect size for this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons – Each cup’s “ml” and cup sizes have passed clearly engraved marking, and you can quickly identify the cup scale according to the color of the handle.
- Cast Iron Skillets – If you want to serve your dip like we did, here are some skillets.
Tips for This Crockpot or Oven Chili Cheese Dip
Can I make this Dip Vegetarian?
- Yes! When I want to make this recipe Vegetarian, I will use a veggie friendly canned chili like Amy’s Vegetarian Chili
Can I Make Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip in the Oven?
- Yes, you can make this chili cheese dip in the oven too. Cooke for about 15 minutes in a 400 degrees F oven or until the cheese has melted.
What is the best cheeses to use for this recipe?
- For the cream cheese, make sure you are using the brick- style of cream cheese and NOT the tub of whipped cream cheese. As for the shredded cheese, I would shred your own cheese to get the best, ooey-gooey melted cheese. Pre -shedded cheese sometimes doesn’t melt the best.
How to make Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip
- can chili
- pinto beans
- block of cream cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chili powder
- Toppings: Pico, jalapeno, green onions, etc.
- Combine chili, cubed cream cheese, cheddar, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in a slow cooker. Stir, and cover.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then pour into a serving bowl or cast iron skillet.
- Top with pico, jalapenos, green onions, and toppings of your choice.
But seriously, this Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip is perfect for those "Netflix and Chill" nights, footballs season, party season, or a family potluck.
- 1 can chili
- ⅓ cup pinto beans
- 1 16oz block of cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Toppings: Pico jalapeno, green onions, etc.
Combine chili, cubed cream cheese, cheddar, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in a slow cooker. Stir, and cover.
Cook on high for 2 hours, then pour into a serving bowl.
Top with pico, jalapenos, green onions, and toppings of your choice.