Fall is creeping closer and closer by the day and as the hot summer days start to die down, I’m immediately on the hunt for delicious fall-inspired recipes like this Caramel Apple Dip.
In fact, I’ve made caramel dip from scratch before but now I wanted to try it with a store bought caramel dip for this extremely convenient Caramel Apple Dip. While there’s certainly a place for making all elements of a recipe yourself, there are times when I need a no fuss alternative that still delivers on taste and satisfies those cravings!
With only 5 simple ingredients and 3 basic steps, you can whip up this treat-loaded dip in no time. Serve it with sliced apples, graham crackers, cookies, or strawberries – or eat it by the spoonful (there’s no judgement here!).
- When buying your caramel apple dip, make sure to opt for a quality dip such as Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip.
- Additional toppings for your dip could include chopped toffee bits and white chocolate chips too! You could even chop up a Heath bar for this dip!
- Apart from apple slices, you could also enjoy this dip with other fresh fruit such as whole or halved strawberries.
How to Make Caramel Apple Dip
- Pour the caramel dip in the bottom of a bowl.
- Top with chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, and mini M&Ms.
- Serve with sliced apples for dipping.
CAN I ASSEMBLE THIS CARAMEL APPLE DIP IN ADVANCE?
- Yes, you could probably assemble this dip a couple of hours before serving it. Once assembled, store it in your refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap.
- Don’t assemble this dip too far in advance than what I’ve suggested, particularly for the reason that the M&Ms are likely to start bleeding their color if they sit in the dip for an extended amount of time. Since this dip is so incredibly easy and quick to whip up, I very rarely ever have the need to make it in advance!
- Another element of this recipe that you should avoid making too far in advance are the apple slices since they are prone to browning. If you’re going to prep your apples an hour or two before serving your Caramel Apple Dip, consider this helpful trick to keep them looking fresher for longer:
- Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water and squeeze the juice of a lemon into the water. Then add the apple slices to the water and let them soak for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the apple slices from the water and place them on a clean dish towel to dry. Pat them gently and then transfer to your serving platter along with the Caramel Apple Dip.
HOW TO SERVE THIS CARAMEL APPLE DIP
- I love serving this sweet dip in a clear dish so that all the delicious ingredients are proudly on display. You can then place your dip dish/bowl on a large round platter and surround it with your apple slices, as well as any other dipping snacks you’d enjoy such as cookies or pretzels.
This delicious fall-inspired Caramel Apple Dip will be a family favorite. Perfect as a dessert or a sweet snack with apples and pretzels.
- 16- ounce container caramel dip
- ¼ cup chopped nuts peanuts and pecans
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini M&Ms
- Apple slices for dipping
Pour the caramel dip in the bottom of a bowl.
Top with chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, and mini M&Ms.
Serve with sliced apples for dipping.
More Sweet Dip Recipes You’ll Love