This Easy Slow Cooker Chili is comfort food at its best! Packed with protein and hearty beans, this easy and flavorful chili will quickly become one of your favorite slow cooker recipes to serve this fall and winter!
The slow browning of the beef, and sautéing of the onions and spices produces a tender texture that bursts with flavor and warmth, perfect for the family or served to guests.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A SLOW COOKER?
- Not a problem! This recipe can easily be made on the stovetop. Follow steps 1-2 above, skip step 3, follow step 4 ((except don’t add the beans yet)) and simmer for 2-3 hours over low heat. Then stir in beans and continue with step 6-7.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER CHILI?
- This Easy Slow Cooker Chili would go really well alongside cornbread or with some baked potatoes. Grated cheese and sour cream are always invited to the party too!
HOW CAN I STORE LEFTOVER CHILI?
- Chili freezes and reheats really well which makes it a breeze for leftovers or for meal prep. Make your life a little easier by freezing small batches for lunches in the week or a larger batch for a midweek dinner.
If you are trying to meal prep, the best would be to brown the ground beef, onions and garlic ahead of time and store in the fridge 1-2 days prior to making the chili.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST SLOW COOKER CHILI
- Don’t skip softening your onions prior to adding to your slow cooker otherwise, you will end up with crunchy onions in the chili.
- Always use good quality ground beef. If you want to increase the flavor of your ground beef, try cooking 1 pound at a time as this will allow better browning due to increased space in the skillet and browning is responsible for incredible flavor!
- Cook your beef on low heat. This allows time for flavors to develop and will result in more tender beef.
Leave to cool completely before storing your chili in the fridge or freezer using airtight containers.
EASY SLOW COOKER CHILI
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until almost done. Add chopped onions and garlic and cook until no pink remains in beef and onions are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain well and add into your crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
More Chili Dishes You Might Like
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large about 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans 28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 can 15.5 oz chili beans, mild or hot
- 1 can 15.5 oz kidney beans, drained
- 1 can 15.5 oz pinto beans, drained
- 4-5 tablespoons chili powder more or less depending on taste
- 2 teaspoons cumin more or less depending on taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
In a large skillet, cook ground beef until almost done
Add chopped onions and garlic and cook until no pink remains in beef and onions are soft, about 3-5 minutes
Drain well and add to Crockpot
Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours
Serve with your favorite toppings
Store leftovers in the refrigerator