With virtual parties such as baby showers and birthdays becoming the norm these days due to uncertain times, it got me thinking that the same creative strategies could easily be applied this fall for an awesome social distancing Halloween!
HOW TO ENJOY A SOCIAL DISTANCING HALLOWEEN
Instead of doing away with traditions, I’ve got an exciting list of social distancing ideas you can adopt this Halloween which are guaranteed to keep the kids happy and entertained. I know I love a good Halloween too and we could all benefit from looking forward to special occasions. Keep the spirit of Halloween alive this year with these super fun and creative social distancing
FUN SOCIAL DISTANCING IDEAS FOR HALLOWEEN
HALLOWEEN ZOOM PARTIES
Zoom is not just for online work meetings, it’s also a great platform to host virtual parties for your kids with their besties during Halloween. Here’s some fun zoom parties to get you inspired:
- HALLOWEEN COSTUME ZOOM PARTY
This Halloween costume zoom party is a safe alternative to hosting a traditional costume party. Purchase a creepy virtual zoom background online to add to the spirit of Halloween costume zoom party! Each person on the Zoom call gets a chance to show off his or her costume. Add gifts like gift cards to motivate people to dress up. What’s great about this zoom party is that it can easily be modified for a kids party or an adults party.
- PUMPKIN CARVING ZOOM PARTY
Host a pumpkin carving zoom party where everyone connects online while in their kitchens or outside to carve pumpkins together! These 200+ Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils should easily get you started. Prepare a spooky playlist for background noise where everyone gets busy with their carving.
- HALLOWEEN ZOOM CRAFT PARTY
Halloween zoom craft parties are a good excuse to get creative. Send a list of supplies to attendees beforehand or people can show up with their own craft. Here are some fun crafts to get you inspired:
- HALLOWEEN ZOOM BAKING PARTY
If baking is more of your passion then what better way to show off your skills than by baking some spooky Halloween cookies or treats with friends over zoom? Get everyone to plan their recipes ahead of time with ingredients. You can bake the same treat or everyone makes their own. Afterwards, wrap up your baked goods and give them to your loved ones.
HALLOWEEN TREASURE HUNT AROUND YOUR HOUSE
- Planning on spending this year’s Halloween at home? Then treat your family to a Halloween treasure or scavenger hunt around the house and garden.
- You can divide your family into teams with a list of clues or riddles and hide candy in hard to find places in the house and garden! Hand out a Halloween treat bag to each person to fill up.
GO BIG ON OUTDOOR HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS
- Since it’s not a good idea to have indoor parties this year, why not go big on your outdoor Halloween decorations this year and get the family involved.
- It’ll provide a fun family activity while also spreading holiday cheer to your neighbors.
HALLOWEEN MOVIE NIGHT
- Halloween is definitely not the same without a few classic Halloween movies! Easily watch a scary movie with friends virtually using NetflixParty or Amazon Watch Party. Outdoor movie nights are also a great idea! Here is a fun idea from Family Fresh Meals
- Here are some kid-friendly Halloween movie ideas:
- It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest
- Double, Double, Toil & Trouble
- Harry Potter
- Monsters Inc.
- The Adams Family
ROCK HALLOWEEN SOCIAL-DISTANCING STYLE!
- Knowing that there are many fun social distancing ideas for Halloween lifts my Halloween enthusiasm quite a bit this year. Try out one of the ideas or all of them and let me know how it goes!
- Let me know of any other fun ideas you have!
Leave A Reply!