If you’re looking for a downright crowd-pleaser of a dip then you don’t want to skip past this Crack Dip recipe!If you’re looking for a downright crowd-pleaser of a dip then you don’t want to skip past this Crack Dip recipe!
There’s a reason it’s called “crack” dip, my friends – once you try some, there’s really no going back (of course, you’ll be going back for more but what I mean is that you won’t be omitting this dip from all future snack spreads!).
This simple no-cook dip tastes so delicious and is ideal as a holiday appetizer, for Super Bowl or your next backyard BBQ. Try this addictive dip today – your friends and family will be begging you for the recipe!
- You could swap out the ranch dressing mix and replace it with an Italian dressing mix with some fresh herbs.
- The only cooking involved would possibly be cooking up the bacon unless you have some pre-cooked bacon bits on hand. I strongly advise you use real bacon and not a substitute such as fake “bacon bit” as the dip just won’t taste as amazing!
- This crack dip can also be used as a spread on sandwiches or burgers! I’ve even used it in this Crack Chicken Lasagna!
How to Make Crack Dip
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least and hour before serving.
WHAT IS CRACK DIP?
- I’m glad you asked! At first, I was also unsure why it was called “crack” dip but since it’s so addictive, I can now totally see why!
- It’s essentially a very creamy ranch dip that’s packed with sour cream, bacon, green onions, and cheese.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH THIS DIP?
Where to start! There are just so many options of delicious things to serve alongside this Crack Dip. Here are some yummy ideas to get you going:
- Tortilla chips
- Thick potato chips
- Big Fritos
- Bagel crisps
- Crispy chicken strips
- Cucumber or celery slices
- Sliced or baby carrots
WHAT VARIATIONS OF THIS CRACK DIP CAN I MAKE?
While I love this recipe as it is, I’m quite aware that crack dip is made slightly differently depending on who you ask or follow online. Here are some yummy variations you could try:
- For a spicy crack dip: Add some diced jalapenos or some hot sauce. If you like a Mexican spin on this dip then try adding a can of Mexicorn (a combination of corn and peppers). Alternatively adding some corn with Rotel tomato mix will be equally delicious.
- For a meaty crack dip: Add shredded chicken, ground beef or sausage. This Creamy Crockpot Crack Chicken is a great example of making a meaty dish with this dip recipe.
- For a warm crack dip: While I make this a cold dip, you could bake it at 400F for 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
Other Great Dips To Serve To A Crowd
If you’re looking for a downright crowd-pleaser of a dip then you don’t want to skip past this Crack Dip recipe!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 oz package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon 6 slices
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 green onions tops sliced
Mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Cover and Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.