Is your vacation going down the tubes? Did you forget important documentation, miss your flight, or is your family fighting? No matter how excited you are for vacation or how much planning that goes into it, it can still be a stressful situation. With that stress comes heightened emotions and the possibility that you might forget something or have mistakes along the way.
Emergency Tips on How to Save a Crappy Vacation
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – Sometimes you just have to let things go. If there is a mixup, a delay or change in plans, or some other emergency, just follow the available options to fix it and then let it go. You can’t allow it to continue to ruin the rest of your vacation.
- Keep calm, no matter what – This can sometimes feel like a tall order. Your kids are acting out, your partner’s getting frustrated, and you just want to call the whole vacation off. Stop, take a deep breath, and speak to everyone calmly.
- Pay it forward – Doing something good for someone else can make you feel better when something has gone wrong in your trip. Take some time to do a good act for someone else and see if it helps you restore the mood.
Here are some things that can happen to ruin your vacation and what you can do to salvage it:
- Stolen wallet – If you’re on vacation and your wallet goes missing, the first step is to call your bank to freeze any transactions on your bank cards and credit cards. Then you also need to inform the police right away. If your ID was stolen along with the wallet, you may need this police documentation to help you get home.
- Missed flight – Missing a flight or a connection is not the end of the world. Usually the airline will give you the next flight with space, free of charge. So take this time to grab a bite to eat, a snack, or read a book.
- Wrecked the car/rental – A car wreck is bad enough but when it’s not even your vehicle or you’re in a strange place, it can be even more stressful. If you had rental car insurance, don’t sweat it. If your own insurance covers it, don’t sweat it. Just try to enjoy the rest of your vacation and put this mishap behind you.
You can always turn around even a crappy vacation. It’s about making the best of what you have. You don’t have to let a few (or a lot of) things going wrong ruin
Leave A Reply!