It’s a creamy, crunchy casserole that ticks all the boxes of delicious comfort food, easily made with ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS in about 30 minutes!
Whenever I start planning for Thanksgiving and the holiday season, there’s always a few of the traditional dishes that I know will definitely feature in almost every home. These types of recipes have become the hallmark of holiday table spreads and one that never gets old or boring is the green bean casserole!
While I’ve made another similar old-fashioned Classic Easy Green Bean Casserole, this particular recipe is much easier and quicker to make which is ideal for anyone who is super busy, needing delicious holiday meals to serve to the family but without extra ingredients to worry about or extended time in the kitchen.
Can i make this green bean casserole ahead of time?
- To make ahead: mix all the ingredients and pour them into your baking dish. Cover it with plastic wrap or foil until you’re ready to bake it. Just remember that with the ingredients being cold, you may need to bake your casserole a little longer to heat thoroughly.
CAN FRESH GREEN BEANS BE USED IN THIS RECIPE?
- Yes, fresh green beans can be used in this recipe instead of the canned variety. I personally prefer canned beans – it makes this particular dish extremely delicious, probably owing to the added salt and soft texture that you get from canned beans.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THIS EASY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE?
- To store in the refrigerator: place the baked casserole in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To store in the freezer: I wouldn’t recommend storing this casserole in the freezer. From experience, cooked beans don’t hold up well to freezing and the crispy topping becomes somewhat soggy.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CLASSIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- If you are using a 13×9 baking dish, then you will want to double this recipe. This is a great option for feeding crowds over the holidays but just make sure that you increase your baking time when doubling the quantities to make sure that your casserole is hot upon serving.
- If you opt for using fresh beans for this recipe, make sure that you boil them until they are tender-crisp and drain well.
How to make Classic Easy Green Bean Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine drained beans, soup and milk until well combined.
- Stir in ½ cup fried onion. Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and add remaining fried onions. Bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
Other Easy Holiday Recipes You’ll Love!
- 3 cans 14.5 oz each green beans, french style or cut, drained
- 1 can 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 6oz can french fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine drained beans, soup and milk until well combined.
Stir in ½ cup fried onions
Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes
Remove from oven and add remaining fried onions. Bake for 5 minutes longer