This glowing eye Halloween decoration are so incredibly easy to make and so visually effective to give your outdoors that desired creepy Halloween vibe! If you didn’t feel like someone or something was watching you before, you definitely will now!!
What does it take to make these glowing eyes? Just a few paper towel rolls that you may already have lying around the house, some basic drawing and cutting, a couple of different colored glow sticks and duct tape! Oh, and of course, as much creativity as you’d like to add to this seriously fun craft activity.
Most of the crafting can be done ahead of time, leaving you to simply activate the glow sticks just before trick or treaters pass by. These glowing Halloween eyes are great to get the kids involved in making too!
More Fun Halloween Crafts and Recipes You’ll Love
EASY GLOWING EYE HALLOWEEN DECORATION
Time to Make: 10 mins (more time if you make a whole batch)
Skill Level: Easy – with supervision due to the use of a utility knife.
- Empty Paper Towel Rolls
- Package of Glow Sticks
- Duct Tape
- Utility knife
- Using your marker, draw your desired eye shapes onto your paper rolls. (Be creative, they don’t all have to match)
- Carefully cut out the eyes using your utility knife and scissors.
- Cut a piece of duct tape and seal one end of the paper roll.
- Place your paper rolls in bushes, trees or shrubs around your home.
- Light up the glow sticks & insert them into the tubes. Watch as the eyes glow around you.
CAN I USE NORMAL TOILET ROLLS INSTEAD OF PAPER TOWELS?
- Yes, you definitely can use toilet paper rolls instead. Most of us have more toilet paper rolls spare than kitchen paper towel rolls so make use of whatever you have on hand!
WHAT IF I’M TERRIBLE AT DRAWING SCARY EYES?
- While this isn’t a drawing contest, I get that some of us may not feel confident in drawing scary eyes. If that’s the case, you can easily print some eyes from some royalty-free images online, cut them out and trace around them with a pen on your paper rolls. Problem solved!
TIPS FOR MAKING GLOWING HALLOWEEN EYES
- If you don’t have paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls around the house, ask any of your friends or neighbors that would be recycling these items to give them to you instead! I always save my toilet rolls throughout the year for crafts and in preparation for these great spooky glowing eyes.
- If you’re planning to have these glowing eyes in your bushes or home for Halloween, you can easily prep the tubes in advance and activate the glow sticks just before the trick or treaters start passing. I wouldn’t advise hanging them outdoors too many days in advance in case the cardboard deteriorates due to weather conditions.
- If you’re having trouble positioning the paper rolls, you may want to try a few strands of duct tape.
Leave A Reply!