This snickers salad is a far cry from your usual idea of a leafy green salad. Yes, it is full of green Granny Smith apples but you know what else it’s packed with?… Snickers bars!!
My family can’t get enough of this candy bar salad and it’s no surprise. With butterscotch pudding, caramel sauce, sweet Granny Smith apples and chopped snickers bars, it makes an irresistible Fall dessert or appetizer, perfect for potlucks and entertaining.
For an incredibly delicious and easy sweet treat, do yourself a favor and try this snickers salad!
Apple Snickers Salad
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes.
- While pudding is chilling, cut apples.
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in whipped topping.
- Chop candy bars. Fold apple and candy bars into mixture until well combined. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
TIPS FOR MAKING SNICKERS SALAD
- When transporting to a hosted event, take it in a cooler to keep the salad chilled otherwise it may get soggy from warming up and won’t look as appetizing.
- Always garnish your salad at the last minute to keep it looking fresh.
- Don’t leave this recipe out for longer than 2 hours just like any other dairy product.
- I don’t recommend freezing this salad. Once defrosted it tends to be a bit soggy and soupy looking.
HOW LONG WILL THIS SNICKERS SALAD LAST?
- I always prefer serving this salad when fresh so that the apples don’t start to go brown and soft but if stored correctly, it can last up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
CAN I USE OTHER APPLES INSTEAD OF GRANNY SMITH?
- You can, although I prefer Granny Smith apples for this recipe as they give a tartness that complements the sweetness of the rest of the ingredients.
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO THIS SNICKERS SALAD?
- Add marshmallows to make it reminiscent of a cup of Rocky Road ice cream!
- You could use the salad as a dip with some of your favorite cookies or crackers or as a topping for some caramel ice cream.
- For extra crunch, try adding some walnuts to the salad.
- Serve it in fancy glasses and layer the ingredients. This is great when hosting a dinner party.
- If you want to add more fruity flavors and colors to the mix, you can make use of different apples like Red Delicious and Gala apples.
Other Candy-Inspired Treats To Try
Apple Snickers Salad
- 1 small box 3.4 oz butterscotch pudding (you can also use vanilla pudding mix)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 container 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 4 large green apples Granny Smith is best, chopped
- 5 full size Snickers candy bars 4 for salad + 1 for garnishing
- Homemade or store bought caramel optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk until smooth
- Place in refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes
- While pudding is chilling, cut apples
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in whipped topping
- Chop candy bars. Fold apple and candy bars into mixture until well combined
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving
- Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 24 hours
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
The Rockstar Mommy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave A Reply!