If you’ve ever needed to add a good seasoning to your spice rack it’s undoubtedly got to be this Homemade All Purpose Seasoning blend.
I used to go through so many store bought jars of this seasoning that I found myself asking why I wasn’t making large batches of it at home instead. Since then, I very rarely buy all-purpose seasoning. Making my own blend is rewarding, saves money in the long run and provides the freedom to experiment with different powder and herb combos too.
Apart from being a healthy option compared to store-bought seasoning, this all-purpose blend offers greater flavors and as a result, really enhances any dish I use it in.
Give it a try – you just need 5 few minutes to make it!
- Easily double or triple the recipe quantities to make larger batches of this homemade all-purpose seasoning. You can then store the bulk of it in a sealed jar and decant into your smaller spice jar when you need a top-up.
- Don’t worry if you bought more powder and dried herbs than what is needed for this homemade seasoning – keep your extra ingredients stored in an airtight container like a mason jar as they’ll come in handy for making more of this seasoning or can be used in other seasoning recipes and added to other dishes.
- If you grow fresh herbs from home, why not use them to make this all-purpose seasoning? You’ll just need to dry them out either using a food dehydrator or your oven.
Homemade All Purpose Seasoning
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients together.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Transfer and store in airtight container of your choice.
WHAT CAN I ADD THIS ALL-PURPOSE SEASONING TO?
It’s no secret that all-purpose seasoning blends are a must-have if you cook regularly since they can be used in almost any recipe. From chicken breasts to burger patties, vegetables, seafood…you name it!
Here are a few tasty examples of dishes that I’ve used all-purpose seasoning in:
HOW SHOULD I STORE HOMEMADE ALL-PURPOSE SEASONING?
As with any seasoning and spice, make sure you store it in a cool, dry area and in an airtight container like a glass jar or a shaker-type jar for easy use when the need arises.
Seasonings last for up to 2 years and this homemade all-purpose seasoning is no exception although I highly doubt that one batch made from this recipe will last longer than a month when using it so frequently in meals to feed your family.
Other Homemade Seasoning Recipe You’ll Want On Your Spice Rack
Homemade All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients together
- Whisk until well combined
- Transfer and store in airtight container of your choice
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
The Rockstar Mommy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.