This Easy Caramel Corn Recipe elevates ordinary popcorn to new heights! If you’re looking for a great snack treat that the whole family is going to go crazy over then this is it!
Silky smooth and buttery caramel is poured over freshly made popcorn and then baked for a crunchy melt-in-your-mouth sensation. That sweet and salty combo you get from the caramel and popcorn is truly addictive yet it’s so simple and quick to make.
Enjoy a bowl of this gourmet popcorn with the kids for your next movie night or serve it as a sweet snack at a backyard BBQ or party with friends and family!
- This recipe is great for making ahead since it lasts for up to 5 days which means that you can prepare for a party or weekly treats.
- This recipe works well with homemade popcorn or store bought unsalted popped corn. If you make your own popcorn, be sure that any remaining unpopped kernels are removed – the last thing you want is to be biting down on a hard kernel!
- When adding the baking soda, you’ll notice that the caramel sauce starts to change color and foam up a bit – this is normal so don’t worry. The baking soda actually aerates the caramel making it silky smooth which helps to coat the popcorn easily.
- Caramel corn can make cute party gifts at a kids party, baby shower or other celebratory event. Simply add a serving to cello bags and tie them with decorative ribbon and an accompanying gift tag.
How to Make Caramel Corn
- Cook popcorn on stove, Instant Pot or in popcorn maker.
- Pour into bowl and set aside. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook until butter is melted. Continue cooking for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Add baking soda and vanilla, stir to combine.
- Pour over popped corn and stir well.
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 300 Degrees F.
- Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
HOW LONG DOES CARAMEL CORN LAST?
- Once your caramel corn has completely cooled, you can store it in an airtight container or in a Ziploc bag at room temperature and it should last for up to 5 days.
- Don’t store this caramel corn in the refrigerator as it’s likely to turn soft and soggy.
- If you ask anyone in the family, they’ll tell you that this caramel corn tastes the best when freshly made and I absolutely agree!
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO THIS CARAMEL CORN?
- This caramel corn is addictive as it is but if you feel like going all out then go ahead and some chocolate candy as well as other non-chocolate candy treats, mini pretzels and mini marshmallows for a party-ready caramel corn snack mix!
- Add any extras to the caramel corn only once the corn has cooled otherwise you run the risk of melting these additional ingredients.
More Snack-Worthy Recipes To Try
This Easy Caramel Corn Recipe elevates ordinary popcorn to new heights! It's a crunchy, melt in your mouth caramel corn that can't be beat!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cook popcorn on stove, Instant Pot or in popcorn maker. Pour into bowl and set aside
Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Cook until butter is melted.
Continue cooking for 3 minutes without stirring. Add baking soda and vanilla, stir to combine
Pour over popped corn and stir well.
Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees
Cool completely. Store in airtight container